Friday, November 24, 2006

The twilight is gray.......

As the twilight turns a sour gray
The tears of a yesterday
The winds of dismay and she walks away
But then the rustle of the wind bids me wait

And as I turn around, she is standing right there
She smiling, her arms spread out wide
For in her eyes are the fires of a thousand skies
She has returned with a gracious warmth

Take me my sweet so that I may rest
For the soul is now tired
And rest is unforgiving, for she sheds not a tear and her bosom's cold
For the tears are now dry and end is near

She loved me all her life
And when I went to her, all I found is doubt and hurt
To no end, I begged to her, for fear is a game of the mind at play
And jealousy a pointless end to the day

I have but a feeling of deep regret
That I could not make her see, the truth, the depth
For I am a meagre traveller, a heart ancient in time
But she doesn’t see that, I am a mere rhyme

I am a timeless warrior, whose mind goes astray
But she sees that not, for her I am away
Pulchritude is an illusion
And love is a dream, of listless forbearance and nothing to achieve

For I am but a warrior, but she sees that not
Love is a dream, a reality but bought, a dream that beckons
But a mirage it is, for I am but a warrior she sees not
She loves me she says, but then why can't she see
For emotions are but a tool
And a fire is within me, the emotions a hammer, to render forth a knife of words
For I am but a warrior, with a heart of stone

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm confused..who wants whom???

November 25, 2006 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home