Monday, April 23, 2007

Of tears unshed.........

Of promises broken
And hearts burnt to a crisp
"Ashes to ashes" they said
"And dust to dust!"

A warrior falls within
Forgotten sensitivities
Are reborn……again
And tears unshed
Drown out the senses

The fear is gone
And hope is a bad dream
Of ringing doorbells
And unbidden phone calls
And tears unshed
Drown out them all

A warrior is breaking down
All over again
For the cause that was once lost
Is shown to him again
A war within
A cry of the soul
There is angst and there are tears
The unshed drown it all

Of promises never meant to be kept
And hope meant to be burnt
"Why?" cries the warrior
Does love always take this toll
As tears unshed
Seep through the hole

A melancholy darkness
A reticent sadness
The code of war is broken
And love kills them all
Of tears unshed
Drowning out it all……………

7 Comments:

Blogger Praxis said...

This is straight from the heart and reaches straight to the heart....Its quite something.

April 28, 2007 1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is the force behind all hopes, the strength of the warrior. Our faith creates miracles unknown. - angel soul

May 13, 2007 1:01 AM  
Blogger Infinity said...

hey angel soul.......I trulty appreciate your comments, and any errors, uncorrected, are because I never edit when I pen poetry...........thats the only way to retain the integrity of the original emotion with which the poem was written, if I start editing it is nigh near impossible to stop at correcting typos and the drive for perfection overpowers the principle of retaining the integrity! I know you will understand..........and I would appreciate if I could know who you are

May 14, 2007 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi infinity,

I am/was a passerby, was doing a search on the meaning of Moksha, your blog held my attention for sometime. I appreciate the beauty of your poetry, though at that point my primary thoughts were the pen captured emotions of environment/surroundings mixed with imagination, yet you made me realize that truth/reality/joy/sorrow is in the essence of the moment and with all imprefections we make a whole: family, universe..........I can go on, yet would prefer to stop here and bid you sayonara and as they say tommorrow is another day!

Forgive me for my attempt to edit the original version, honest it was just an instant thought to drop a line though I could have (or should have) passed by silently. Maybe it seems that day I would have read a book and my quest for the subject was not satisfied and somehow the energy needed an outlet. AS

September 04, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Infinity said...

hey AS

Its good you dropped a line and its a pity if you didnt get what you wanted. Anyways, am always eager for stimulating conversation and comment. If youre up to it, drop me a line and we could discuss if you wish

cheers

September 05, 2007 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what heartfelt pain... I can only hope that it is not coming from your own experience, the hope, why I feel is futile! I so relate to it.

Take care and keep writing.

November 08, 2007 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

November 12, 2008 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home